Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Flu

The Spillett family was hit with the flu and hit hard! It was horrible!!! Everyone but Trey got it. I forgot what it was like to be sick and have a baby so dependent on you. I would not wish the flu on anyone. It left me with some memorable moments.


#1 We've been married for almost 14 years, we've never been through that together . I laugh now when I think about it. Dave is on one couch, I'm on the other with our pillow and blankets just staring at each other in agony. We couldn't get a smile out.

#2 It was nice to see my older kids step up and help after they were feeling better. Thanks Mase ans Alysa.

#3 Before I was hit with the flu Mase and I were able to spend some time together outside away from the sick ones . We wash the car together. I know sounds crazy,but it was fun.

#4 I loved it, the first night I was really sick, Dave still wasn't feeling good, we were exhausted. Trey wasn't going to bed so I tell Mase" Take Trey in the front room Rock him and sing to him." Mase gives me a disgusted look like are you serious then a few minutes later I hear him rocking and singing. Soo sweet!


#5 The kids were all sleeping in the same room. I hear Alysa in so much Pain ask Mason "Will you say a prayer for me?" And he did.

#6 Hearing Alysa tell me she loves me right after we took our turn in the bathroom. Then she tells me I'm the best mom ever. Thanks Alysa you helped me out a ton. I love ya


So through all the pain and disgust. The flu brought us closer in a sick twisted way.

4 comments:

  1. oooooohhhh, cori! that is the most aweful thing EVER!!! YUCK! i hate the flu with all my heart. i'm glad you guys are doing better. i couldn't help but laugh at the visual of you and dave on the couches across from each other. i know it's not funny, but i laughed. :) love you guys! glad you're still alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet in a sick way. I love your new family pictures that Ad took. They are way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry sis but that is just hilarious!!!! Ha ha ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cori....i am waiting for a spilly update. could you please get on and post a blog? :)

    ReplyDelete