Monday, February 27, 2012

Trey at the Hospital.

This was seriously one of the roughest weeks ever.  Trey had been sick since last Friday,on monday I decided this is way to long to have a fever so I decided to have him looked at. He did end up having ear infection.  Tuesday he slept all day long from 9-2:30. I woke him up to go pick up Adi from school. I decided to go get and Icee we went home right after that we were home for maybe 10 min  & he had fallen back to sleep.  I called the Dr. who gave us the prescription and asked him if the meds he was on made him tired he said it doesn't he said to give the med 48 hrs, but if I think it's getting worse take him in.   Trey was not getting any better just laid around I couldn't take it any longer I kept saying I think he has pneumonia.  His breathing was fast I  then decided to take him to the Urgent care.  They checked him out and said you need to take him right to ER. I took him to the ER they put him on Oxygen Immediatly.  He got some X-rays and yes he had Pneumonia they said he needs to be put on IV and stay at the Hospital.  When he got the Iv he didn't even care blood was going all over the place.  Dave and the kids were at the Poky Century game, Dave had no idea we were up their until he opened his phone to see all my texts. The kids came to the hospital to see him after the game They did not like to see their little bro hooked up to the oxygen.  Adi couldn't control herself she was a mess!  she just cried and cried.

 This is Trey before we left the house.

 Trey getting hooked up to oxygen.

 I hated seeing him like this.
 This is the 2nd day he was already looking better.
 He woke up in the middle of the night trying to rip all the wires off of him.  He had Oxygen, IV, heart monitor and the Oxygen thing that checks your level.  The nurses finally let us take off the oxygen and gave us another thing we could just blow in his face.
 This is the day we got to come home I sent this pic to Adis teacher to let her know he was doing much better.
 The Lolli pop and coloring book from his sisters.




 Masons Buddies came for a visit. This is right before we got to come home we went down to the play room.  Trey thought that was pretty fun.

 He was still hooked up to the IV.  He didn't understand that he couldn't move without the machine following us.


So many friends and family were amazing.  I really have such good friends and feel so blessed they are in my life.  Grandma Richards gave him a power Ranger Mask for getting better he looked at it and said" this is so awesome".  I am so thankful he is feeling better.  And very thankful for the Mother Intuition that I had to decide to take him.  Scary,Scary stuff!  I never ever want to do that again.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. I know how you are feeling. My son was in the hospital with pneumonia when he was 4. We took him to the ER on a Sunday because he said he couldn't breathe. X-ray showed he had pneumonia. So we gave him the anti-biotics and he never showed any signs of getting better. Luckily we had a well baby visit for my other child and my dr. noticed my son wasn't acting like he felt well. They took another x-ray and the pneumonia had taken over one side of his chest. We were given more anti-biotics and told if his fever came back to bring him back. Of course the fever came back at 5 that night! We took him back and he was admitted to the hospital. He couldn't walk because he couldn't get enough air in his lungs. After giving him the IV anti-biotics for a couple of days they found it wasn't helping. The pneumonia was hardening up. So he had to get a chest tube put in and they gave him meds that they give to people who have strokes to break up the clots. After several days of that and nothing happening he was getting a central line because he could leave the hospital and we could give him IV antibiotics at hom. Once that is placed they have to take an x-ray to make sure the line successfully went to the heart. That day our whole ward was fasting for him. If the clots still showed they weren't breaking up with this x-ray (he was getting a CT scan daily) he was going to Primary Children's to have a surgery performed by a lazer to break up the clots. Thanks to the fasting and praying when the x-ray was read the clots were beginning to break up. He was in the hospital for a week. Then he had the line in for a week and we gave him IV anti-biotics at home.
    Three out of my four kids have had pneumonia. One hospitalized and another almost. My youngest just had it this winter (had it last winter too) and he was given the anti-biotic shots. I will always do that now. I knew with this child that he would have it, but when I took him in nothing showed up. We waited the weekend and sure enough on Monday it showed up as pneumonia. It's crazy how one day they can't hear anything and the next it's there. That's always been the pattern with my kids.
    I hope your son is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had NO IDEA any of this was going on. I am so sorry this happened. I wondered where you had been. I hadn't seen you at school in quite a while. I am glad he is feeling better. That is the scariest thing when your child is sick. Mothers intuition is amazing!! Nobody but a mom knows what that feels like. If there is anything we can do for you let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to see him like that... Glad he is doing better!

    ReplyDelete